Big Island Weather
Mauna Kea Fairways South 17
Get Rate Quote and Book Now!
- Mauna Kea Resort
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
Hale Kea, or the "White House" is a luxury 3,500 sqft vacation home located in the South Fairways of the Mauna Kea Resort. The home is situated in a completely private and beautifully landscaped setting with stunning 180 degree ocean views. The outdoor garden features a non-chlorinated 30' lap pool, hot tub, outdoor shower and a covered lanai. The home faces westerly overlooking the turquoise waters of Kaunao'a Bay with distant Maui views and nightly sunsets to dazzle.
This architecturally significant residence was completely remodeled with designer finishes of locally handcrafted sustainable wood, reclaimed teak and modern furnishings imported from Europe. The home uses terrazzo Italian Carrera slab marble and imported glass tile extensively. Designers featured include many contemporary and mid-century masters such as Richard Schultz, Eames, Phillipe Starck, Jens Risom for Pucci, Cherner, Chista, Buchfelder for Moss, Marcel Wanders, Verner Panton and Le Corbusier.
Hale Kea has a casual open-space floor plan with glass sliding doors that open every room of the house to the private outdoor setting. The kitchen is equipped with Viking appliances, a wine cabinet and water purification system. The living room features a media center with a large wall-mounted TV and DVD player and a Sonos sound system with speakers in every room of the home including the lanai. There are indoor and outdoor dining options, situated to maximize the incredible views. Other amenities include a washer & dryer, an extensive library and wifi internet access available throughout the property.
There are two bedrooms in the main house, each with a private bathroom and air-conditioning. The detached "Hale I'i" (guest house) includes a third private bedroom with a queen-size bed, an attached bathroom and an office that can be converted into a fourth bedroom with a twin day bed. All the bedrooms have air-conditioning and beds are dressed with luxurious Frette linens. Robes and L'occitane toiletries are provided in the bathrooms. Each bathroom has a large rain shower (no bathtubs).
Mauna Kea Resort has two of the finest white sand beaches in Hawaii, Mauna Kea Beach and Hapuna Beach. The Resort boasts a fitness center, spa, 36 holes of golf and 13 tennis courts. There are also a variety of restaurants and shops. Use of certain facilities require purchase of The Club at Mauna Kea facilities for an additional fee. Purchase of the Club at Mauna Kea facilities include: charging privileges at the Mauna Kea & Hapuna Prince Beach Hotel and facilities, use of beach chairs, towels and umbrellas, beach & hotel parking in the private parking area at Mauna Kea, use of the fitness center and reduced rates for golf and tennis. The 2013/2014 resort fee is a $100 account set-up, plus $50/adult (21 and over) and $30/youth (14-20 years old). Children under 14 are free. This is a onetime fee and is good for the duration of your stay.
A checkout cleaning fee of $495 + tax will be collected with each reservation. This includes a housekeeping service once per week at mid-week of your stay. Laundry facilities, detergent and other amenities are provided in the home for guest use.
5 night minimum (7 night minimum during Christmas)
*HI ID #W75380124-01
Amenities at this property include:
- 3,500 square feet including lanai
- Saline lap pool (30 feet long)
- Saline spa
- Gas barbecue grill
- Sub-zero & Viking appliances
- Dean & Deluca spices
- Water purification system
- Classic designer pieces imported from Europe
- Desingers includes Richard Schultz, Eames, Phillipe Starck, Jens Risom for Pucci, Cherner, Chista, Buchfelder for Moss, Marcel Wanders, Verner Panton and Le Corbusier
- Donghia Hawaii-themed fabric
- Extensive use of Italian Carrera slab marble
- Extensive use of imported glass tile
- Locally handcrafted sustainable wood furniture
- Reclaimed teak furniture
- Flatscreen TV/DVD/Stereo in every room
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Wireless internet service
- Washer & Dryer
- Once weekly maid service
- Frette linens
- L'occitane toiletries
Mauna Kea South Fairways #17 Virtual Tour
- Two of the best white sand beaches in Hawaii (Hapuna and Kaunao'a)
- 2 deluxe fitness centers
- 2 spas and a full-service salon
- 36 holes of golf
- 13 oceanfront tennis courts
- Variety of restaurants and shops
Mauna Kea Resort Virtual Tours
2014 Mauna Kea Resort Fee: $100 account set-up fee + $50/adult (21 and over) and $30/youth (14-20 years old). Children under 14 are free. This is a onetime fee and is good for the duration of your stay.
- Charging privileges at all hotel facilities
- Access to two oceanfront hotel pools and showering facilities
- Use of lounge chairs, cabanas, umbrellas and towels at the beach and pool
- Reduced golf rates at the Mauna Kea and Hapuna courses
- Hotel guest rate at the Mauna Kea Seaside Tennis Club
- Use of two fitness centers (yoga and group classes for a fee)
- Access card for preferred parking