Big Island Weather
Kolea at Waikoloa 8
Get Rate Quote and Book Now!
- Waikoloa Beach Resort
- 4 bedrooms
- 4.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
The 'Blue Wave' house is a one-of-a-kind oceanfront estate in the exclusive Kolea gated community. This beautiful 4 bedroom home was custom built to make every dream of a luxury Hawaii vacation come true. The home is only feet from the tidal pools of the protected Anaeho'omalu Bay where you can snorkel, kayak, stand-up-paddle and swim right out your back door. From the front you will enter the home through a lagoon setting of beautiful koi ponds. Inside no expense has been spared on the inspiring furnishings and modern artwork that gives the home style and character. The pocket sliding doors can be fully retracted to open any room of the home to the outdoors.
The 'Blue Wave' is completely wired with a Crestron system that allows you to control the home from a touch screen control pad located in each room. Enjoy a state of the art home theater (seating for 11) with a Sony projector to play DVD's or satellite TV. The gourmet kitchen features granite counter tops, a chef's stove and top-of-the-line Wolf appliances. The great room overlooks the pool deck and features a beautiful Wave sculpted bar, an area for entertaining and a 62' wall-mounted flat screen TV. Outside a beautiful infinity pool, spa and gazebo area provide a fabulous setting for your vacation. Special features of the lanai include surround-sound speakers, a gas barbecue, a colorwheel for ambient night-time lighting, tiki torches and a covered cabana.
Guests will love the special themes of each bedroom. The Grand Master Suite opens to the ocean and features a private hot tub with ocean views. It has a king bed with controls to lower a 50' flat screen TV that drops from the ceiling. The Grand Master Suite is decorated in calming ocean blues with a beautiful blown-glass chandelier for dreamy mood lighting. The huge master bathroom boasts a grand stone bathtub and a separate 2-person shower with a sauna. For guests who enjoy nature, the master bathroom can be fully opened to the outdoors facing a private garden with a lava rock shower. There is also a private oceanfront office located off of the bedroom to keep up with work while you are away.
The second master is called the 'Island Room' and is constructed in tropical woods and bamboo finishes. It has a 4-poster king bed, large flat screen TV and a private bathroom made of black river-rock. The 3rd bedroom or the 'Modern Room' has a queen bed, 50' flat screen TV, and a private bathroom. The 4th bedroom is the 'Nippon Room' done in a Japanese style. It also has a queen bed and a private bath. There is no TV in the Nippon room. There is a bonus Meditation Room overlooking a zen garden. There is an extensive library of books that guests are welcome to use during their stay.
One of the 2-car garages has been converted into a home gym complete with free weights, weight machines, yoga mats and a ROM (range of motion) machine. The garage doors of the gym can be opened to face an outdoor half-size basketball court.
*A check-out cleaning fee of $495 + tax will be collected with the initial deposit. Maid service is provided once per every 7 days of your stay. Laundry facilities, detergents and toiletries are provided in the home for guests to use.
* 5 night minimum (10 night minimum during Christmas)
* HI ID #W30381750-02
Amenities at this property include:
- Premier oceanfront location with direct access to A-Bay
- Private gated entrance
- Private oceanfront recreation center with open-air cabana, tables, chairs and couches for lounging, pool towels, an infinity edge pool, lava rock hot tub and a children’s pool complete with sandy bottom and waterfall. Business desk for printing boarding passes and tickets only.
- Exercise room with Life Fitness cardio equipment
Kolea at Waikoloa Virtual Tours
- The picturesque white sandy beach 'Anaeho'omalu Bay (A-Bay). Enjoy free use of beach chairs and access to ocean gear rentals, boat tours and beach side food service & refreshments.
- The largest selection of shopping and dining options on the Kohala Coast. Two luxury shopping centers provide visitors with the opportunity to explore a collection of boutique shops, art galleries, coffee shops and an array of restaurants. Weekly events include live Hawaiian music, hula performances, lei-making, a weekly farmers market and other local crafts.
- A gourmet market located within the resort for convenient access to groceries, souvenirs and other essentials.
- Two championship golf courses, one with oceanfront settings. As a guest of the resort enjoy a discounted rate and other seasonal specials.
- Access to the famous Hilton Waikoloa Hotel where visitors can patronize the Kohala Spa and Fitness Center, the tennis facility, the Dolphin Quest program (swim with dolphins!) and any of the various restaurants and services within the hotel grounds.
- Extensive footpaths transverse the resort grounds providing scenic walking/jogging routes and safe pedestrian access.
- The Kings Trail is a well-preserved Hawaiian monument within the resort. Walk in the footsteps of the great King Kamehameha and discover petroglyphs and other Hawaiian artifacts.
- A gas station located at the Kings' Shops for convenient refueling.
- The oceanfront Lava Lava Beach Club, sip Mai Tai’s as you watch the sunset with the sand under your toes!
- Year round entertainment and annual events
like the Lavaman Triathlon in March, the Celebrity Golf Tournament in April,
the Rubber Ducky Race and Firework Show in July and the Food and Wine Festival
Waikoloa Beach Resort Virtual Tours
“Out of this World Villa! The Blue Wave House is amazing! The decor is incredible....from the painted concrete dance floor in the living room to the gorgeous art sculptures to the plush theater...every detail has been planned perfectly. The beds are all comfortable, and the kitchen is well stocked. The only things we found to be missing were an ice cream scoop and a pizza cutter! We also loved the comfy lanai furniture. We ate breakfast outside every day to enjoy the fabulous view….Overall I would definitely recommend this house as an incredible vacation rental. We loved our time here!”
"Rated 5 of 5 in all categories, great on-site service! Fabulous, beautiful, relaxing. The home was beautiful, relaxing and plenty of room for the 7 of us. The home had a complete kitchen, lots of appliances to use, bath and beach towels. We thoroughly all agreed this was the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to stay at this beautiful home.”
“The home was absolutely beautiful and excellently decorated. We were immediately greeted by colorful koi fish swimming around in their pond. They would swim up to you and open their mouths because they wanted you to feed them. It was so cute. The home was huge, we walked threw into the backyard to a big pool and patio area. It was gorgeous the ocean view was perfect. There was a little walkway down the back onto the beautiful beach that lead to the ocean. The funniest part was all of us going out into the ocean with the kayak the homeowner had provided it was awesome. We also had snorkeling equipment and had fun with that activity as well. The resort itself had many restaurants and shopping areas as well. Our favorite restaurant was tropics beach club. It was on the beach. There was also a great grocery store on site. The home also has a large movie theater that has a extensive movie collection.”