Big Island Weather
Hale Maluhia (Mauna Lani Point Estates 9)
Get Rate Quote and Book Now!
- Mauna Lani Resort
- 3 bedrooms
- 3.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
"Hale Maluhia" or "House of Peace" is an extraordinary Hawaiian residence located near the Mauna Lani Beach Club. Renowned architect Lucky Bennett incorporated many "magical" features in this 3,985 square foot home including sculptural vaulted ceilings, geometrically-aligned rooms and sliding doors that can be fully opened for the indoor-outdoor living experience. The entrance courtyard features koi ponds and a prominent lava rock waterfall. Amongst the day and night blooming lily pads and outdoor sculptures, discover a comfortable home filled with creativity and breathtaking sun set views.
The home is comprised of separate structures connected by shallow koi ponds and lighted walk ways. There are three well-appointed private bedrooms, each with an en suite bathroom. The bedrooms are designed to incorporate the outdoor spaces and do not share any common walls for ultimate privacy. Each attached bathroom has a separate tub and shower and unique details like etched glass windows and artistic tile finishes.
Cross over the ponds to the detached master 'hale' (house). The master faces the gorgeous ocean and fairway views. The spacious master bathroom includes separate vanity and counter spaces, a soaking tub, a large rain shower and a walk-in closet. An attached bonus room can be used as a private office space or can be converted into a nursery or bedroom for small children. The second bedroom serves as an additional master with a king size bed and walk-out to the pool and gardens. The third bedroom or 'honu' (turtle) room is designed in tropical teals and has a queen size bed. A roll-a-way is provided in the home to sleep a seventh person.
The pool and spa are lined in black lava rock and are surrounded by a grassy yard that extends to the edge of the pool. The gentle saline pool is heated by solar power (no extra charge) and is gentler to skin than chlorine.There is also a bonus second floor sun deck, a special place to get-a-way from it all, to practice your morning yoga, lay out and get a tan, or to watch the sun set.
HI ID #W30389412-02
Amenities at this property include:
- 3,985 square feet of combined living area with stunning ocean views
- Koi ponds and water feature surrounding home
- Saline infinity pool (heated), hot tub and swim up bar
- Second story viewing deck
- Separately controlled AC units in each bedroom
- Pocket sliding doors and ceiling fans for natural ventilation
- 48" flat screen TV in living room, TV in each bedroom
- Each bedroom has its own private bath with jetted tubs
- Wireless internet access
- Washer & dryer with detergent provided
- Once a week maid service at no additional charge
- Guests of this property will have access to the exclusive Mauna Lani Beach Club and a parking access card will be provided upon check in. Enjoy free use of the lounge chairs and showering facilities. Dine at NaPua Restaurant (open for lunch & dinner) and rent ocean gear seaside.
- The Mauna Lani Spa: Indulge yourself like Hawaiian royalty with treatments based on native methods. Call (808) 881-7922 for rates and more info.
- The Mauna Lani Sports & Fitness Club: For people who are serious about their health, this fully-equipped fitness center includes a lap pool, gym with complete cardio & weight machines and locker room for a fee of $35 per person / per day or $275 per family / per week (Additional classes such as Zumba, Spinning, Yoga, etc. available for $16 per class). Call (808) 885-7765 for rates and more info.
- The Mauna Lani Tennis Shop: Six Plexipave tennis courts available (Three lighted courts). Court fee: $30 per hour / per court. Call (808) 885-7765 for rates and more info.
- The Mauna Lani Golf Club: The Francis I'i Brown North & South Courses are considered some of the world's best resort courses with 36 holes of golfing elegance. Designed by Ray Cain, Rodney Wright, and Robin Nelson. Call (808) 885-6655 for rates or tee times.
We were thrilled with our recent stay at this home. The house was even better than it appears in the photos. We did not have to buy any supplies like shampoo, detergent, etc as it was very well supplied. The kitchen had anything we needed to cook including some spices, etc. The house was immaculately clean and the caretaker was incredibly responsive making sure we didn't have any issues. We had some trouble getting the hottub to heat and the problem was taken care of asap even though it was Christmas Eve. The location of the house in the Mauna Lani property is ideal, a short walk to the beach club. The owner provides boogie boards, beach toys, and coolers that we were thrilled to have the use of. We recommend you rent bicycles as they are a great way to get around the property. Washer and dryer were great and used alot. There is a small office off of the master which would be good if you had a young child or baby that you wanted to keep nearby. The outdoor area is beautiful, we used the outdoor grill many times. We cannot say enough good things about this house. -acadiagirl, Berwyn, PA