It’s the most exciting time of the year to be in Hawaii! This holiday season, take advantage of the best places to visit and eat while traveling to the Big Island's Kohala Coast. Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i (Happy Thanksgiving) and Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas)!
Merriman’s Waimea is best known for its fresh, locally sourced menu — and the four-course Thanksgiving dinner is no exception.
The prix fixe menu (one item from each course) includes:
- Amuse Bouche: Hamakua Mushroom Bisque
- Second Course: Wow Farms Tomato and Avocado Salad; Kona Cold Lobster and Dungeness Crab Stuffed Mushrooms; Hapa Poke – Ahi & Ono with Jalapeno and Crushed Avocado; Hirabara Farms Kale & Butter Lettuce
- Main Course: The Harvest Plate; Roasted Tenderloin of Beef; Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi; Vegetable Wellington; Butter Poached Kona Lobster
- Dessert: Trio of Bars (Pumpkin, Chocolate Haupia and Lilikoi)
What better way to spend the evening with your loved ones? Celebrate Thanksgiving with Aloha.
Hilton Waikoloa Village is hosting stunning holiday dinners at their Water’s Edge Ballroom. Take the stress out of meal prep, have a glass of champagne, and enjoy a buffet of food perfect for celebrations in paradise. Complete the evening with live music and entertainment!
A selection of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner buffet includes:
- Seafood and Appetizers: Traditional Ahi Poke, Chilled Shrimp, Snow Crab Legs, Assorted Sushi Rolls, House Cured Ahi, Cheeses
- Soup and Salads: Pumpkin Squash Soup, Waimea Field Greens, Classic Caesar Salad, Quinoa Pipikaula Mango Salad, Vine Ripened Tomato Medley Caprese
- Carving Station: Roasted Kona Salt Brined Turkey, Slow Cooked Angus Prime Rib, Honey Glazed Ham
- Main Courses and Sides: Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi, Huli Huli Chicken, Crispy Mac and Cheese “Carbonara,” Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Sautéed Garlic Green Beans with Pancetta
- Sweet Endings: Pumpkin Pie, HWV Signature Lilikoi Cheesecake, Pecan Praline Square, Pumpkin Cheesecake; Assorted Petite Sweets, Chocolate Fountain
3 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Grand Ballroom. $79 + tax for adults. $35 + tax for children 12 years old and younger.
A selection of the Christmas Day dinner buffet includes:
- Appetizers: Chilled Shrimp, Snow Crab Claws, Freshly Shucked Oysters, Fresh Island Poke "Station" with Traditional and Spicy Ahi, Assorted Sushi Rolls, Cheese and Authentic Italian Antipasti, Baked Brie, Assorted Dim Sum
- Soups and Salads: Waimea Corn Chowder, Upcountry Field Greens, Local Arugula and Shaved Parmesan Salad, Hamakua Tomato Caprese Salad, Quinoa Kabocha Salad, Fingerling Potato Salad
- Carving Station: Roasted Citrus Brined Turkey, Slow Cooked Angus Prime Rib au Jus, Honey Glazed Ham
- Main Courses and Sides: Steamed Island Fish, Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin, Roasted Herbed Chicken, Jasmine Steamed Rice, Potatos Au Gratin, Sautéed Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Root Vegetables
- Sweet Endings: Christmas Yule Logs, Roasted Banana Bread Pudding, Island Chocolate Mousse, Deep Dish Apple Cinnamon Pie, Mince MeatStrips, Macadamia Praline Squares, Eggnog Shooters, Strawberry Santa Claus, Freshly Baked Gingersnaps, Snow Cookies, Chocolate Pops and Spritz, Chocolate Fountain
3 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Grand Ballroom. $89 + tax for adults. $39 + tax for children 12 years old and younger.
58th Annual Waimea Christmas Twilight Parade
Waimea’s famous Christmas Parade is the second oldest in Hawai’i and will take place on Saturday, December 1 at 5:30 p.m. The parade begins at the east end of Historic Church Row Park and will travel through Waimea, concluding at Waimea Park. The parade benefits the Big Island Giving Tree, a local non-profit organization.
Every year, the Waimea Christmas Twilight Parade features dozens of floats representing Waimea keiki to kupuna — including schools, youth groups, farms, ranches and businesses, plus a huge brigade of festively lighted trucks. As always, Santa has promised to ride in the parade. After the parade, visit with keiki at Parker Ranch Center’s Fireside Food Court.
Enjoy a night of festivities at the Fairmont Orchid in Coconut Grove. Attend dinner and the entire show, or just the "after party" which begins at 9:30 pm.
- Buffet Dinner: Cracked Alaskan crab, jumbo shrimp, goose point oysters, grilled beef tenderloin
- Pre-Event Activities: Polynesian tattoos, moonlit canoe rides, face painting, poi ball
- After Party: Cocktail-style tables, dessert buffet, hosted bar, DJ dance party, fire pits, midnight celebration